Gavin Oudit: Discovering ways to treat heart failure
New heart failure therapies are desperately needed, and Oudit is taking several novel approaches to drug discovery and its application to patients. The new Tier 2 CRC in Heart Failure is using the human explanted heart program (HELP) at the Mazankowski Alberta Heart Institute as a bridge for cardiovascular medicine, focusing on patients rather than animal models. This approach is aimed at translating discoveries to help people live better and longer lives.
- Dr Gavin Oudit received a Canada Research Chair appointment March 28, 2014
- Successful failure is a good thing March 27, 2014
- HEART journal publication on Self Care in Heart Failure March 4, 2014
- Global Edmonton News Health Matters March 4, 2014
- AHS Communications tweets February 11, 2014