Dr Alex Clark authored a paper published in the Heart journal, February 2014. The results were reported by Global News:
At least 10 per cent of seniors are affected by heart failure. After diagnosis, patients can control the quality of their lives. Su-Ling Goh explains:
According to University of Alberta research published in the journal Heart by Alex Clark and his research team, patients with heart failure and their families often lack basic knowledge about the condition and how they should manage their care between doctor visits.
A systematic review of 49 studies, involving more than 1,600 patients and their caregivers, showed that this lack of knowledge leads to confusion, delays in seeking help, and uncertainty about the long-term outlook and how to manage their own care.
- Global News Health Matters March 4, 2014
- HEART journal publication on Self Care in Heart Failure March 4, 2014
- AHS Communications tweets February 11, 2014
- Excellence in Mentoring Award - Dr Jason Dyck December 17, 2013
- SODIUM-HF Study Approved November 1, 2013